ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Friday, March 13, 2015

DREHER TAKES UMBRAGE

Patrick Deneen citing a Dreher post on TAC about the insatiability of liberals to press against all our moral traditions.  Dreher writes this same post over and over while bending over for each and every liberal victory.  It's a living I suppose.

In any event, I snarked Dreher in passing and the great soul of reposted.  See bottom of comments.  I wonder if this exchange will be there in the morning.  Good fun.  BTW, I respect Deneen as a  champion of Roman Catholic values and faith.  



Rod Dreher on the latest salvo by "liberals":
"This is the next step in the fight. It never was going to be enough for progressives to get gay marriage and discrimination against LGBTs outlawed except for within religious organizations. Now the push from progressive elites will be to tear down the wall protecting religious liberty to punish the wrongthinkers. If you don’t think this is coming, you are a fool."
Unlike ·  · 
  • You and 22 others like this.
  • Mattias Caro And a couple articles before that he nails the point how reducing all down to religious liberty gives the GOP an even lower standard of commitment to capture social conservatives. Lovely.
    18 hrs · Like · 2
  • Christopher Wiley No more, "Mr. Nice Social Conservative." I think there is a story to tell about how the Southern Baptist Convention was pulled from the brink back in the 70s. I had an acquaintance who was on the liberal side of the divide back then. The conservatives...See More
    17 hrs · Like · 3
  • Nicholas Brannick The gay rights movement has always been about using the apparatus of the state to compel not just acceptance but approval of their lifestyle. It was always going to come down to stripping away religious liberty.
    17 hrs · Like
  • Thomas Meehan Yes and with the likes of Dreher to defend tradition, tradition loses.
    9 hrs · Like
  • Rod Dreher I prefer what I am doing for tradition to what you are not doing, hoss.
    6 hrs · Like · 2
  • Thomas Meehan Running away to the backwoods while writing click bait for your fan club of deviates and pseudo-religious goo goos doesn't impress. It's your living, but it doesn't impress. Isn't it you who wrote, "…….But I want to go on record saying that I think he (Martin Luther King Jr.) was one of the greatest Americans who ever lived. -- RD] The only tradition MLK represented was that of P. T Barnum.

No comments:

Post a Comment