ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

FASCISM IN NEW JERSEY

I found this bronze Fasces at a yard sale in Hopewell NJ.  Not a soul, in clouding the people who sold it to me, knew what it was or represented.  I took it with me on my outing of that day and displayed it at two eateries.

Not everyone knows or cares about this symbol of authority and unity in the ancient Roman Republic.  It's been a long time since this was the symbol of Fascist Italy.  I suspect not one American in a thousand knows that this was a symbol appropriated by the founders of our country in emulation of ancient Rome.

Perhaps I'll make a walking stick head out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment