ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

LATELY



I was delighted to be invited to this years VDARE.com Christmas party.  It was my first.  I cannot share any photos or personal reminiscences as everyone who attends these things does so at some risk from t what Steve Sailor calls the Volunteer Auxilary Thought Police. People who write for VDARE are of course the exception to this rule as they are already beyond the PC pale.  How sweet it is to be among them!  It's like being a member of a secret society. 

An amusing thing did happen.  As I worked the room meeting people and introducing myself, I found that almost all of these worthy contributors had no idea who I was or that I write for the organization they support.  I'm not one of the brightest lights in the VDARE firmament but I have written quite a few pieces.  I took my obscurity in good spirit as it occurred to me that these people supported the mission of VDARE, and are too busy to follow the doings of scribblers like me.  I have tended to write expose's of foreigners behaving badly, which is to be frank, hardly news. SO.......give to VDARE and try actually reading the posts.  You might want to hit my tip cup once a year or so as well. Every bit helps.  

John Derbyshire and his delightful wife was there as was Ann Counter, who is exactly as she is on TV; best approached in full armor.  Enough said.  


In other matters, I imagine few of my readers know that I am on AM radio once a month.  A fun radio symposium runs on the last Tuesday of every month on little WBCB radio, Bucks County PA.  The show is called The Bucks County Philosophical and Lager Appreciation Society and It's a panel of local cracker barrel pundits like myself ranting about the issues of the day.  Those with a hankering to hear my voice are welcome to try picking it out of the scrum.  Be advised, I am not the only Tom.  No idea what the listenership is but it is fun.  No pay, but free beer for all during taping.  Shows are broadcast the next day.  

Traducing both right and left is my game on the show.  Many of the GOP panelists are of the FOX TV school and fancy themselves conservatives.  The Democrats are pretty much their left dopplegangers.  They have no Marx, Dewey, Gramsci or anyone else beyond Mother Jones and MSNBC.  Apart from my hijinks, there a some actually knowledgable people on the show.   

No comments:

Post a Comment