ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

This is the one hundredth birthday of the British statesman, poet and visionary, Enoch Powell.  He is remembered for predicting great calamity for Britain if she opened her doors to mass third world immigration.   And of course he was right, which is way he can never be forgiven in certain quarters.

I was struck by this quotation of his.  It reflects my own experience in politics.

“At the end of a lifetime in politics,” he said, “when a man looks back, he discovers that the things he most opposed have come to pass and that nearly all the objects he set out with are not merely not accomplished, but seem to belong to a different world from the one he lives in.”


Well said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment