ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

POST PAUL?

The American Conservative's Rod Derher asks the question, what happens after Ron Paul loses the GOP primary.  My answer is this:


Ron Paul will be the Barry Goldwater figure for a whole new cadre of libertarian activists. He and his son embody a mind set that transcends personal popularity. The GOP cannot survive as the faux conservative wing of the kleptocracy. The Kepto-State will continue to fail while imposing more constraints on our liberties. The strain this produces will propel the Paulistas to make a real play for dominance within the GOP. They, and the Tea Partiers and perhaps other constituencies have no place else to go unless they form a new party. If they do, the GOP will go the way of the Whigs.
You haven’t heard the last of them.

I write this not as a lockstep Paul supporter but as an observer put off by the rancid GOP establishment, who daily fail those trusting in their leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment