ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

POLAROID

According to Bloomberg News, Polaroid is bankrupt.  So bankrupt that they are selling their Andy Warhol image collection to raise money.   It was not that long ago that a sound portfolio would contain shares of Polariod as a matter of course along with GE and GM.   It's always sobering to see the titans of your youth carried along face down, in the river of time.  At least we can find comfort in the fact that Polaroid made its great breakthroughs in a time before the Chinese could steal and deploy them. 

I'm sentimental enough to hope that something with the name of Polaroid will survive and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment