ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Friday, August 28, 2009

TED KENNEDY, MAN OF THE PEOPLE

I met Ted Kennedy just once, in a manner of speaking. I was leaving a congressional office building, and seeing from the corner of my eye someone right behind me, I held the door. To my horror out stepped Ted Kennedy who made no effort to catch the door or nod thanks. Perhaps he mistook me for one of his toadies. He stepped through the door as a prince in state emerges from a cathedral. Stunned, the best I could do was emit, "Your welcome, asshole." under my breath.

I gather from Washington insiders this was entirely in character.

Here is my favorite picture of the late Senator, it's an AP photo from 1969, and it depicts the great defender of working people as he jogged across the Chappaquiddick bridge, having just drowned a secretary. Sen. Edward Kennedy leaves the ferry from Chappaquiddick Island heading toward Edgartown, Mass., later in the day after the early-morning incident that ended in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne.

No comments:

Post a Comment