ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

GEORGIA MAN

Today brought another entertaining story of our country's adventure with multiculturalism. A headline said that a "Georgia man" had killed his daughter for rejecting her arranged marriage. Further investigation revealed that the "Georgia man" was of course, a Pakistan Man. The press account failed to mentioned how it came to be that Pakistan Man was in Georgia or why he thought killing his daughter would be acceptable here. Or perhaps Pakistan Man just didn't care about the laws of his new country. It's possible that he felt that allah's law superseded that of the State of Georgia. I've learned never to question the motives of our new arrivals, as hard working and upright as they are.

So if it's not Pakistan Man's fault who's is it? It's all just a misunderstanding in my view. I've done a little research on the citizenship tests that our government uses to naturalize new arrivals. I'm sorry to report that there is nothing in these tests about not killing one's relatives. This is a shocking oversight. How could he know that he was in the wrong. Here are a few sample questions:

1. What is one thing that Benjamin Franklin is famous for?
2. What did Susan B. Anthony do?
3. Name your U.S. Representative.

There is nothing in any of the questions I surveyed that would have given Pakistan Man any guidance what-so-ever as to how to preserve his manly honor in the face of his daughters disobedience. We simply can't expect a person coming from the ancient and sophisticated Islamic World to adapt to our primitive ways overnight. Perhaps we need to exclude these people from our country, for their own good of course, if not for the good of their children.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your 'tongue in cheek' style!

    ReplyDelete