ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Friday, October 25, 2019

TURKS, KURDS AND ARMENIANS. OH DEAR!

This, overheard on CSPAN a few days ago.  One Congress critter among the bipartisan scolds lamenting our withdrawal from Syria said words to the effect; I'm outraged and will reintroduce Arminian Genocide remembrance legislation as soon as I can.

This is to slap Turkey for its famous historical crime against the Armenians.

Those among us with a bit of historical awareness will recall that Kurds within the Ottoman (Turkish) Empire were among the most enthusiastic murderers of the Armenians. They also enslaved and force-converted Arminian Christian girls in the manner of ISIS.

Too much to hope for erudition from members of Congress, but couldn't they hire staffers with a bit more knowledge they have?  It couldn't be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment