ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

STILL WAITING......

The post below is an elaboration of a comment left at American Conservative left on the 5th of May.  As of today, May 7th, it is still awaiting publication.  At least that is what I get when checking the blog post. (The Central Park Five by Scott McConnell)

I can only explain this with two alternatives,

1. The intern who's job it is to pass judgement on comments is asleep or otherwise occupied.

2. The adult supervising the intern cannot make up his/her mind as to whether I sincerely want a PhD in racism advocacy or, I have some other, snarky point that may be taken the wrong way.

TAC announced a new comments policy a while back.  Since then TAC seems to have adopted the Rod Dreher ethic of nice.  TAC desperately wants to be the respected, responsible voice of the none neo-con right.  In practice this means bringing up controversial topics while squelching opinions that threaten the middle of the road, wet readership they crave.  This is the path to irrelevance and is also the reason why I and other actual conservatives have dropped our subscriptions and never contribute.

Perhaps I need to start a TAC Watch feature here, tracing the devolution of a once conservative journal into something else.

Reader comments on this will be appreciated and posted.

NOTE: AS OF 05/10/2013 MY COMMENT IS STILL UNPOSTED AND THE ARTICLE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE FRONT PAGE.  

1 comment:

  1. My comments never get published.

    Perhaps I need to start a TAC Watch feature here, tracing the devolution of a once conservative journal into something else.

    Well, you wouldn't run short of material, and hey, I'd read it.

    ReplyDelete