ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

CHRISTMAS

This Christmas day it is fitting that we Christians remember our brethren in the Middle East.  These most ancient among Christian communities face a grim fate, and some of it is our doing.  In our quest to topple all remaining authority in that region our government and others have unleashing the forces of populist Islamic bigotry.  Christian communities who have endured for over two millennia now face extinction due in part to the meddling of Western Christian majority nations.

We have made an idol of Democracy and like all idols, it demands sacrifice.  We are learning that secular forbearance and respect for individual difference is a Western, not a democratic trait.  How much damage will we do before we wake up?  Perhaps we should pray for a miracle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment