ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTMAS

Christmas has come and gone and with it the nagging feeling that one should be more.......something.   That is we should be more, pious, generous, popular,  etc.  Frantic gift giving, and attempts to huddle together against the cold blasts of post modern life can have a depressing effect.


This year for the first time in my sixty-one years, I finally came to understand in my bones, that it's all about Baby Jesus and not at all about me.  What a relief!  I attended a Christmas party put on by strangers and had some good eggnog with rum.  Besides this, the season has been entirely a matter of quiet contemplation of the scandalous wonder of Christ's message. 



The danger of the other view of Christmas can be seen above.  This impious fellow got so carried away with the spirit of materialism that  he ate a Christmas ornament.   I shudder to think it might have been me.

No comments:

Post a Comment