ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

DELAHUNT'S DISGRACE

Congressman Delahunt said something so telling while sitting in as a guest pest on the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Civil Rights that I must post it. To Attorney David Addington of Vice President Cheney's staff, and I quote as near to exactly as my notes can provide, he said;

" I'm sure Al Queda will be glad to see you on C-SPAN today, given your penchant for remaining unobtrusive."

He actually said this with a smirk and offered no hint of solicitude over what this might mean for Addington and his family. I don't know of any other way to take this but as a feeling of satisfaction that Mr. Addington was now an easier target for Al Queda.

This is a despicable thing to say, even for a Congressman form Massachusetts. Usually they pretend to be on our side. If the Administration is not asleep, they need to make an issue of this. But then I imagine they're all out looking for jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment