ME

My photo
I am retired from government, law enforcement, politics and all other pointless endeavors. I eat when I am hungry and sleep when I am tired.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

VOTING AGAIN

I took the rather avant garde step today of voting for Ron Paul in the Republican Primary. It's a waste of time of course. Still I thought I'd vote for a man who actually believes in governing according to the Constitution while such men still existed in public life. It's a gesture and a bit more. In the event that McCain becomes President I want to be able to say I had no part of what he does next. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. Judging by bumper stickers and lawn signs, Dr. Paul will poll a substantial minority here.

It is interesting to see all the Obama bumper stickers on BMW SUV's. How is it possible to be canny enough to be affluent yet dumb enough to vote against your own interest?

No comments:

Post a Comment